Thursday, April 20, 2006

Monterey

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while first off. I have had loads of homework.

Tomorrow I am leaving to go to Monterey tomorrow for the annual jazz festival. I think the who played there once, way back in 1967. I can't believe that was 39 years ago. I don' think I will be playing any songs because I am in a different jazz band than the one that is playing, but I will be going to some clinics and I will have the oppurtunity to talk to people from the berklee college of music. I want to find out what is necessary to be able to get into their recording school. That would be awesome. Our band will be up there from friday until sunday afternoon, and we will visit the aquarium, boardwalk and shops. It will be great fun. I want to bring my dad's digital camera, but I highly dobut he will let me. I'll try though.

I have been thinking about applying to an engineering school in London, and it seems realistic that I would be able to go there since it costs fortunes less than my brother's college per year. http://www.alchemea.com/index.php
That is the link. I think the only expensive things will be housing and plane tickets (I hope). I need to get out of southern california and move closer to the music I love. Not that I don't love music down here. I need a change in life.

GMaS!

-Kevin

P.S. The guitar is simply amazing!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Hi Kevin,

Berklee is a great school, but London would be a wonderful place to go to college too. Either way, you are following your dreams and your music, this is good!

Just wanted to encourage you. I have a son who's 16, a sophomore, and starting to look at colleges too. He's into film, and he's also drawn to the ocean, so he'll probably try to go to one of the really good schools in Calif. But he also loves NYC. I'm not keen on him being in NYC at 18, but there is a school he really likes there.

Ultimately it's up to the teenager, not the parents, though!

Good luck!

Brina in Minneapolis