Saturday, April 08, 2006

Yard Work

Today was start of my spring holiday. I woke up late, around 10:45. It was wonderful. I had my trombone lesson at 12. I am currently working ona transposition of a Miles Davis song, "So What". I am learning the trumpet solo (by miles davis of course). Its fun. After a lunch of quesidillas and cholula hot sauce (which is my hot sauce of choice. I'm going to carry it with me wherever I go from now on.), I went to my cousin'e house to help with yard work. Most of it was throwing stuff into the rented trash bin thing. Rotted logs, old PVC pipe, tree trimmings, old yard furniture and various stuff from the yard. It was hard but fun work. When I picked up a log, I found a huge lizard and picked it up. I wish I could have had a camera on me, he was beautiful. A big blue-belly. There were many other smaller lizards around too. There was one pile of logs in a corner area, and when my uncle picked up a log, a cute little mouse ran out. I felt bad for making it scrounge for a new home, but we had to get rid of the termite and ant ridden logs. After that, my cousin and I played computer games and had some lemon bars that he made. Later we watched TV. Then my dad picked me up, and here I am now. Posting this blog. I'm a bit tired now, so I am going to say goodbye. Since I have next week off, it is possible I will post every day. I'll at least try. Keep on keepin' on.

-Kevin

1 comment:

musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, really liked this blog mate, sound's like a cool day, shame you didn't have a camera for that lizard, I alway's catch them if I can, and have a good look. Thank's for posting, KOKO
mikey