Saturday, April 29, 2006

Back to the bloggin' world

I'm back!

Monterey was lots of fun, I got back home on monday. The drive up was a long 5 hours. We went to the aquarium the first day, and it was really fun. I saw the otters being fed, it was pretty cool. If any of you readers go to monterey, the aquarium is a must. I also saw cannery row. Fun stuff. The second day, my highschool band played at 10:30 in the morning by the wharf. There were only 15 people there not including the band, and I was kinda angry because our band is so good and we should have been placed in a better time slot. But I am still greatful that we were invited to begin with. And there was a guy with a little monkey on his shoulder, it was pretty cool. For the rest of the day, we watched all sorts of jazz played, from choral stuff to combos to big bands. at the end of the day, the top three bands play. The winner- Beaverton Highschool, from Beaverton, Oregon played incredibly. Their trumpet player was crazy good, and they played an awesome set. When we got back to the hotel, we played pool until the wee hours of morning. Then we set out home, back on the 5 hour drive home. While we started to drive home, my teacher said whoever could answer the most questions about music correctly would win 10 dollars and a free lunch. And of course, I won. I got a free burger for lunch.

When I got back this week, I had lots of work assigned. That is why I haven't been able to blog.

Will post more today or tomorrow.

GMaS

3 comments:

High Number said...

Glad you won! Haha!
Monterey...I'd like to go there.

Sam said...

Congrats on the burger Kev!
See...music knowledge does come in handy sometimes.

I've found out where people can vote for the britbus thing! It will be on the Fuse TV website.
http://www.fuse.tv/index.php

ps it's not there yet! should be available next week sometime

i'll let you know!

Bri said...

Hi Kevin, Followed you here from Mikey's blog. I'm excited that you went to the jazz fest. in Monterey. I love that area. My boyfriend lives there, in fact, so I visit it as often as I can (I'm in Minnesota).

I'm also pleased that you spent time at the Aquarium with the sea otters. Aren't they incredible? I am a member there at the Aquarium. It's one of my fav. places in the world, esp. the jellyfish room/exhibit. Did you go to see the jellies? I love the music in that room and have it on CD.

Nice to "meet" you, and sorry to read (above) about your injury. Take it easy. We musicians can't have hurt arms!

Brina in Minnesota