Saturday, May 13, 2006

Foggy saturday.

It has been very strange weather lately. It has been foggy in the morning and then it hits in the high 80's-low 90's in the afternoon. Its just too hot for me. I can't stand the heat, its so uncomfortable.

This week, out school had STAR testing. It really is a stupid test our government makes us take- to be honest, I don't really see how it directy affects me. I'm going out-of-country (I hope) for college, so I don't give a rat's ass. I'm still trying my best on it though. Normally we have half days during this testing, but since there were fires nearby student's houses in september, we have a few days off to make up for and we have normal classes afterwards. At least they're a little bit shorter than usual.

Today I have a trombone lesson. It should be fun, and I am getting the hang of what my teacher has been throwing at me lately. I have made great improvements since last year. Last year I was fourth chair, this year I am first.

As for guitar- I am getting better too. I am just learning as many chords as I can. 7ths, 9ths, diminished, minor, major, augmented etc. I'm not progressing as much as I am with my trombone because I don't get guitar lessons. My dad thinks guitar is sort of a lousy instrument to learn because so many people play it and because of that he thinks that I will never make any money playing guitar. Please- someone set him straight. He is the only person keeping me from being a great guitarist. I have the will and money, but he won't let me pay for it. I just don't get him. And as for the money-making, I don't plan to be a professional guitarist. I just want to do it on the side- a sound engineer and musician part-time.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day in the U.S. I hope the weather gets beter though, it is likely to be foggy again throughout the day.

Wow, that was a looooong post.
GMaS!

-Kevin

No comments: