Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I feel better now

My arms are almost back to normal.

I haven't been writing for a while. Its not just because of my arms, but I had nothing to write about.

I had a three day weekend, thanks to memorial day. On memorial day, my dad and I went out. We bought that new David Gilmore album, and it just happens to kick ass. I love it. Then we went to record outlet, where I bought "the wall" by pink Floyd, the best of the kinsmen, and A Quick One/the who sell out double album. All three of which are on vinyl, and I like em all. I saw some beatles stuff on vinyl selling for 35-50 dollars. Are they out of their fucking minds? That's basically rape (to one's wallet, of course). The thing that pisses me off about that store is that they charge soo much on beatles and Zappa stuff. And they are almost always out of Zappa stuff, which really sucks since I am starting to get into his music.

Speaking of music, I was talking to a big executive at JBL (that speaker company) at lunch. He is also a Latin bassist, and he has done a few tours with big Latin groups throughout north and south America. He said he would take me on a tour of the facility sometime soon, including the room where they test the 1,000 watt speakers at full blast. That is going to be awesome. The same guy got me tickets to NAMM, which is a huge exposition of musical equipment. That was a few years ago, and he said he would give me his pass again for the NAMM that is coming up next year. Hex a great guy, a real family man. If they have any internships, I will sign up immediately. That would make a nice summer job.

Better now,
-Kevin

1 comment:

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Kevin,

Glad your arms are better.

Yep, any Beatles stuff on vinyl, you can be sure they try to sell it as rarity or some collector's item, and the price is absurd.