Friday, October 07, 2005

Frydee-weenie

Today has been another exciting day in my book of life. But for some reason when I woke uo today, I had a headache and a huge lump on my hy head. A tell-tale sign of me sleepwalking again. One time I started to walk around ans somehow I woke up in my back yard sitting on a chair with a blanket thrown over me. So I figure I hit my head on my bunk while trying to get in my bed. Sometimes my parents or freinds or family tell me I yell and run in my sleep. I can't imagine myself doing that, my feet hang off the bed. One time my brother said something about going somehwere tomorrow. It was really funny, he was half yelling half whining. I guess the yelling is hereditary. I don't see myself as an angry person, but on occasions I do flare up and explode at people. I try to stop it but I cant. Its part of me. Oi, now I'm sounding like that damn incredible hulk... But anyways I finally got some more jeans. The ones I had were so short that when I sat down they looked more like capris. And tomorrow my dad is going to call up one of his buddies to see if he has any old recording equipment for sale. His name is Wayne, and he is one of the nicest people I've met. I saw him play a gig at Naj's in manhattan beach I think. Well it was the beach that is southwest of El Segundo, right near LAX. He does a good cover of Freebird by Lynard Skynard. I remember him having all of these electronic goodies that took up about 5 feet of the stage, all his guitars, speakers, and whatnot. The last I heard he was looking for an old white Les Paul for sale. Well speaking of equipment if you read my earlier post called christmas in late summer, you'd see all the gear I have now. I tried to hook my 25 watt fender frontman to my uncle's 100 watt amp only to get an earful of feedback. Oh well. After I finally get a job working at a friends paintball field (yes that shooting sport), I will start lookin at guitars. My strat's neck is folding up (no wonder, It is a squier). You cannot feel the difference yet, but it is getting worse. I had to adjust the truss rod (which I had never messed with) with some tips from a book I got. I have 4 guitars in mind. A gibson J-200, SG, a Fender Jazzmaster or a Gibson Firebird. The J-200 is out of my price range unless I save up the whole summer. That would be tough, it seems like I am going to get into buying records. It is something about the sound not being perfect is what I like about it. I don't like clear sound. I like it with crackles and pops. Perfection irritates me.
Well back to what happened today. I had a great day except I have a research project to do on the story The Lord of the Flies. I may not post a blog for a few days, sorry.

-Kevin

P.S. Fish and chips are getting better each time I have 'em. I think I should start trying seafood other than oysters, cod and halibut.

No comments: