Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sleepy Saturday.

Wow, what a week it has been! I was evacuated out of my house on thursday because of a fire brooding in the town right next to me. It was quite scary waking up to sirens and a pig oinking into a bullhorn. It is funny how people think that if we live in California, we don't expect an earthquake or fire. Well I can tell you that we were more prepared than the folks in Louisiana. We do. We have one of the best fire departments in the world in southern California. In a 2,500 acre fire, one house was left to ruin. So because of the evacuations, all students in generally the 91301 area code and a few people to the north of us were out of school. I called it a "fire day", you know, where all the kids go out and play in the ash, make ash forts, ash angles, and throw ash balls at unsuspecting people. Sledding down the ash hill. Well, none of that happened. But now all of the smoke is clear, and it looks like we might have rain soon. That is not good, I think there will be mudslides. I had some oysters yesterday, they were fired. And Japanese, they were horrible, kinda burnt. I learned my lesson, no Japaneese oysters. Thank you whoever looks at my blog.

Peace and love,
-Kevin

P.S. Sorry for not posting for a few days, my computer was unplugged and in the car, ready for the evacuation.

No comments: