Thursday, January 26, 2006

Finals: Day Two

Today was much easier today class-wise. I had Spanish (part 2), Jazz, and P.E. I am nearly positive that I got an A on the spanish final. In Jazz, we sight read a few charts and did some busy work around the band room (organize equipment, clean, organize music). Later on in P.E., I found out that I diddin't have to run the mile to maintain an A+ because I did a lot of extra credit during the beginning of the year. That was nice, because I knew I diddin't have a ride home, and I would have had to walk 2-3 miles. So, I went to carl's jr (a burger joint) with my friend allen. After that, I went to his house and we played video games and guitar. He tought me a drill and some tips that allow me to play notes faster on guitar. It has helped a lot, I just practiced it for an hour and I am seeing results. I really want to give my fingers strength and agility so I can become a better guitar player overall. My fingers are aching, it seems they are getting faster and faster each time I play something. Gotta go practice some more! I'll play the strings 'til my fingers are raw.

-Kevin

P.S. My birthday is on 5 feb. I hope a new guitar arrives.

4 comments:

Justin Kreutzmann said...

school....argh....

hope you get that guitar. I plan on buying your records someday!

Gary said...

I believe Pete uses ProTools and ports to an 8 Track. He puts his drum tracks together using Ableton Live. His latest movie "Strange Weather" you can find a link to it on his Diary page, has a terrific session recording How Can I Help You Sir. I couldn't tell how his 8 track works, he has a lot of digital sub-systems, he was using a seperate PC to rack backing vocals and pull them into his 8 track.

He has the most cool setup.

I on the other hand, do not.. I am using a MBox w/Protools and Ableton. Hoping to upgrade to something a bit better some day.

Claire Eliza said...

My band has an 8-track. We record jam sessions and songs, but for us we don't really look for quantity for our demos yet. We just practice a couple times, then press record and let it flow. When ever I do vocals we usually do it over all the tracs though, but for everything else its most often all played at once with all tracks recording.
I need to practice playing faster, but I really don't know how! I guess scales and stuff. I've been more into my piano lately than usual too.
- claire -

Claire Eliza said...

Hey Kevin,
I do take lessons so I think I'll talk to him about going over some quicker stuff. And I'll look up those guitarists you named. Thank you!
- claire -