Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm back.

I finally got back from mammoth yesterday. I was up there with my mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousin and their dog. I had 2 cousins that diddin't show up and I was kinda sad because they're really fun. The dog is named Missy, and she is one of the mellowest dog's I've seen. But sometimes she goes up to you and rests her head on yer leg with a pupy dog face asking for a scratch. I can't say no to those faces so I have to scratch her, but if I don't, she starts clawing and eventually gives up and goes to someone else. If I had a dog, I'd pray for one like Missy.

The first day I was up there, I went skiing and it was pretty fun. I had to get ski rentals because I grow too much each year so I can't have my own skis. They diddin't have boots my size anywhere so I had to cram my boats (feet) into U.S. 13s, 2 sizes smaller than what I normally wear. It was the biggest mistake of my life, and to make a long story short, my pinky toes are blue, not pink. The good thing is is that I only felt it after I was done skiing, it was so cold that I couldin't feel my feet. The mountian was groomed alright for the most part but I hit a deep patch of powder and my knee twisted pretty bad. that really hurt, but now its feeling a lot better.

The second day it was snowing really hard so we sat at home and watched Monty Python's Flying Cricus and some W.C. Fields movies. Both of which I enjoyed very much.

The third day we played monoploy all day, for about 6 hours actually. My dad and I won most games and I must say that my dad would make a decent salesman. Later that night (New Years) we went to a really fancy seafood restaraunt and I had some 30 dollar chilean sea bass. I think I found a new favorite fish. It is white like halibut, and it has a similar texture. Just succulant. Go try it viewers out there, it is the best type of fish that I have had.

Tomorrow I have to wake up at 6 in the morning for school. I know, it really does sound like fun. And for that reason, I am going to go to bed now. Give me a shout!

-Kevin

P.S. the internet access diddin't work up there so I could not make another post up there in mammoth. Sorry for neglecting my blog.

3 comments:

musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, sounds like you had a brilliant time, sorry to hear about your knee. Me and Rene spent New years eve around my brother Shaun's house, with Jed and Lisa, we all played 'the Simpson's Monopoly', it's exactly the same, but with Simpson characters.
Thankyou for mentioning my fish that died, knowone really understands how much I love my fish, and how much I care about them, but you seem to, so thankyou.
I hope you had a great Christmas and hope you have a brilliant 2006. Keep on keeping on my friend. Rene sends her love.
mikey & Rene

musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, we get Seinfeld, which I have always loved, but my favorite show is 'Curb your Enthusiasm', Rene bought me the first three series on DVD for Christmas.
But we do seem to get our films a couple of months after you do, which puts us a bit out of sync with you guy's across the pond in that department.
Anyway, it's late here, and I better turn in, cool talking though mate, look after yourself mate.
mikey

Silverwriter said...

Hey Kevin, thanks for the hello. Have a great semester at school!